Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Press conference will start


Gooses agent Donald Duck Dunn

1st and foremost as Gooses agent I'm going to dispel some rumors that are going around.

1) Goose supports the Seattle Storm however rumors that he is the 1/10th owner are untrue
2) Goose is committed to coaching his 6-2 Semi final JV Team next season and will be again patrolling
the sidelines for the Knights. Rumors of him going to High School defeat his primary goals in coaching because high schools dont teach fundamentals.
3) Rumors that there is another Gossling on the way are not only bogus, but currently medically impossible
4) Goose will not go to the podium, say "Joe's an Ass" and step down. He does want to state for the record that he does believe Joe is a complete and total Ass, however this is not the time or the place to get into that discussion.
5) Goose will not retire completely from the Lodge if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl. (Although this rumor carries the most weight).
Also as a side rumor Goose and Brett Favre will not be a Tandem retirement.





Now on to our announcement.

Due to factors beyond his control for both Business and Personal Reasons the Mother of all
Super Bowl Parties VIII will be cancelled this year. There is a good possibility that he may not be in town and therefore we need
to give everyone the time to arrange their own activities.

Gooses statement is as follows

"It is with great regret that the MOASBP VIII will not take place. This has been a tradition since Baltimore won the Super Bowl in 2000
I feel a little like "Proud to be your Bud" Selig cancelling the 94 world series. Once you interrupt tradition, its hard to gain back.
My hope is to regain the proud tradition next year, however it is unfair to hold people to an event that may not happen.
Thank you for your support and go _______________ (Whoever plays the Cowboys)


Questions?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The Josh Brown hot-pants link was better entertainment than that. What a disappointment.

Plus, my birthday wasn't even mentioned once. B!tches...

Wed Jan 09, 03:07:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

This is a shock to the system... Where will I get my momma Serling's Meatball sandwhich? Where will I play Lego Star Wars?

Business trip during the Super Bowl? It sounds fishy... I think you're really going to the game.. Out with it..

Wed Jan 09, 03:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

I'm not happy about this, but Mother Goose giveth, Mother Goose taketh away...

Might be a good ocasion to open up the Lodge North...

Wed Jan 09, 03:43:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

Oh yea, Happy Birthday Joe...

Wed Jan 09, 03:44:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey if you guys want a last minute decision that's fine.

I figured ya'll would want advance notice but if you want to roll the dice I can make that happen.

Wed Jan 09, 04:44:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

I thank you for the heads up Goose. It will be a strange Super Bowl Sunday this year.

Thu Jan 10, 06:59:00 AM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

I'm with Train on this one....it's a blow to the system. Geez.....away from my computer for a day and look what happens....Josh Brown reminds us why kickers are always made fun of and the MOASBP is called off.....what could possibly come next?

"Lodge North"....hmmm....interesting thought. We will actually be finished with the painting/"improvements" and living in our house by that time (moving next weekend), so we could make it happen. I will say though....that the chances of me having a TV worth staring at for 4+ hours borders on the impossible. I refuse to pull the buy and return ploy that works so well for these occasions. I'll run it by the better half...

Thu Jan 10, 08:22:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said. If you guys can hold off until next Friday. I should know more. If you want to start making other plans

I'm open either way.

Thu Jan 10, 10:46:00 AM PST  
Blogger Train said...

Goose, am I missing something. I thought the party was off? If you can make the MOASBP VIII happen, then I'll roll the dice and hold out.

PS - you better be going some place friggin awesome for work during the SB.

Thu Jan 10, 10:50:00 AM PST  
Blogger Goose said...

Ok...lets do this again (maybe third time is a charm)

There is a possibility we can still have the MOASBP VIII but I wont know until until end of next week or beginning of the following...If you all want to wait thats fine I let you know, but its possible that I might have to bail and you would have to scramble to make plans.

See I try to be hospitable and all I get is grief...Jeez

Thu Jan 10, 02:02:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home