Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rumblings from the 253

So I thought on this fine hump day I'd toss down a few random thoughts about Television, Football and whatnot.

Its interesting to see how the writers strike has changed the face of Television this year. No Golden Globes for Joe to blog about, getting all the Lodge Wives to chime in. Plus so many extra doses of Reality TV, and Reruns that Im forced to watch shows I haven't seen just to avoid watch the same episode of CSI Las Vegas for the third time from last season.

I have discovered a show (mind you it has only 3 episodes thus far) but I even figured that MCP and I could discuss. Terminator, The Sarah Connor Chronicles has not only caught my eye but has quickly developed into a regular DVR event. Im amazed that show is not only entertaining, but well written and follows the lines of the Movies pretty well. MCP...you thoughts?


Im still somewhat of a Food TV Junkie only because well its food, they have a new show called Diners Drive ins and Dives. The point is simple. Take a guy that could easily be 2.0's next draft pick, give him a camero and let him go around the US visiting hole in the wall "Joints" that serve up amazing grub. You'd be amazed at some of the places he can find. Yeah I know too much foodTV can cause borderline people to begin blogging the Golden Globes, but like I said TV is at a standstill right now and Im trying to get my entertainment when I can.

So on to Super Bowl 42. The game that no one expected. Pats/Boys or Favre/Brady was the choice. Instead you get Eli Manning, Brandon Jacobs and Michael Strahan versus the ManCrush. I'll add more super bowl stuff next week but I figured we should at least acknowledge that the game is taking place. Now that my trip is cancelled, will everyone be able to make the MOASBP VIII? We are adding a new wrinkle as you must come dressed as your favorite Football Coach. Im going as Dennis Green, Im just going to scream at everyone and then leave the house. Just kidding. No dressing up.

Side note. Does Eli Manning look like the kid who never got picked in school and was beaten up for lunch money. I think he should get the nickname "Aw Shucks" Manning

How is Duke and the new Little Dukette??


Anyway, I figured we needed something to discuss, however props to the Train of Death - Which rode in a snatched Heath Ledger as its second victim after Eddie Hilliary. Who's Next? Im worried about Jack Nicholson...1st Cesar Romero then Heath...Is it the curse of the Joker?

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger theDUKE said...

While on paternity leave I did watch T3 again. Sarah Connor may be next on the list.

Wed Jan 23, 10:37:00 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be there in spirit. Can someone where an infamous jersey along the lines of Chmura or Koren Robinson to represent me?

Wed Jan 23, 11:09:00 AM PST  
Blogger theDUKE said...

also,

coming back to work after not working for a month is kind of plain.

coming back to work after having a child for the first time is surreal. (because work is a lot less important emotionally all of a sudden.)

Wed Jan 23, 11:18:00 AM PST  
Blogger Train said...

I coming as Weeb Eubank...

Goose, have you seen the host of that food networks own show? I've seen his "guy's big bite" on saturdays. You would be all over his fixins. Check it out.

Wed Jan 23, 11:53:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love seeing that comment from Duke about the experience of being a father.

Train. I've seen Big Bite. Good show. Good eats.

Wed Jan 23, 12:33:00 PM PST  
Blogger D-Money said...

I'll cop to watching Food Network from time to time. I dig Guy from the Diners show.. and you gotta love a gig where you get paid to cruise around eating at hole-in-the-walls.

And seriously... A good hole-in-the-wall has the best food. Bar none. Usually nasty lookin' waitresses, but primo grub.

Wed Jan 23, 05:05:00 PM PST  
Blogger Goose said...

D-Money. Where the hell have you been?????

Wed Jan 23, 06:02:00 PM PST  
Blogger theDUKE said...

i've been wanting to do a localfood post for sometime. unfortunately, friends of mine borrow stuff i need when they go on vacation: cameras, microphones...

Thu Jan 24, 05:52:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home