Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Mother of All Super Bowl Parties 9 years running


I know its pretty much the same post from last year, but like a Charlie Brown Xmas special, good things can be seen over and over again


Back in 1982... the Redskins made the Super Bowl, and Goose's Mom hosted her 1st Super Bowl party... We had all of our Redskin friends over, decorated the house and mom made a Big pot of Spaghetti and Meatballs using the old family recipe. A young Goose noticed something... after the initial meal was eaten all the guys went back to the kitchen...grabbed a big roll and filled it with Meatballs, thus creating the 1st Super Bowl Meatball Sandwich...


Flash forward. It's now 2009, and it is now time for the Gooses 9th annual Mother of all Super Bowl Parties.It started with Brian Billick and the 2000 Ravens, lasted through the NE Dynasty, the Tampa Bay rout, the Rain game of 2007, the worst 18-1 team in history and yes... even a Hose Job by the Steelers.

I need RSVP's on who is coming.

Please comment if you are planning on attending. Again as always all food is provided, however things you can bring.
Bring your own Beer... I always have some, but there is always room for more.
If you would like we are always accepting donations for the Nest Bar....Two years ago was a Banner year for Tequilas, this year the them can be great Rums of the world. Jamiaica, South America?

This year we will have the usual spread plus one. As always Chicken Wings and Meatball Sandwiches will star in the lineup, however to add a new twist, you the attendees will decide the third item in the holy Trilogy of Super Bowl Spread (More to come...in a post you will vote to complete the Trilogy)

Feb 1st 2009

Pregame Festivities start at 1:00pm See you all there.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Goose said...

So I need some RSVP's here people. I know those who have attended all 9 years will be coming (Jimbo, Dude and Train...just let me know if you will not make it). Seatown, Devo, MCP?

Let me know if you plan to attend or if you are planning to bring anyone extra

Joe. You better find a way to make it up here. Missing 2 years in a row is not acceptable

Sun Jan 11, 12:12:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

I plan on attending this year.

Mon Jan 12, 10:10:00 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Goose, I hope I'll be moved back up by the time the SuperBowl arrives. It's not the same without your meatballs... I mean, your hospitality.

Mon Jan 12, 12:25:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe- Golden Globes report... I want it on my desk by noon tomorrow!

Mon Jan 12, 04:29:00 PM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Goose...I am out unfortunately...but thanks for the invite.

I've got a brand new TV and a wife that will be 7 months pregnant at kickoff...so I'll be watching this one at home.

Cheers!

Wed Jan 14, 09:54:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you know what I need RSVPs to, Goose? My WEDDING. It may not be the 9th annual, and there may not be meatball subs, but I think it'll be pretty great. So you slackers who haven't sent us your response cards yet need to get in gear. There's 2 of you, and I believe you know who you are.
It's sad that I have to harass you on the blog, the (almost) manliest website ever. Except for those pesky GG postings.

Wed Jan 21, 04:05:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fine, I'll mail it.

Still 50/50 on being up in Seattle on the 1st... I think I might be a week late.

Thu Jan 22, 05:47:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home