Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Thoughts on game 1 on the ALCS

Okay, so Game 1 didn't go as well as I had hope. The Anaheim Angels (sorry I refuse to recognize that they are LA) were on a high from beating the mighty Yankees. They simply played better than the Sox. Pitching wasn't an issue. Conteras didn't pitch that bad, well except that pitch to Anderson. The defense was a little suspect and the Sox weren't aggressive on the basepaths. Come on!!! Scotty P on base and two outs, will it kill you put him in motion? Ozzie obviously had a ALDS hangover and should have been sharper. I hope tonight's game will fair a lot better. Time will tell. I have to say pitching is an issue with the Angels but it's not as bad as people perceive because of that great bullpen, who didn't even work that much last night. So I'm nervous and so is every White Sox fan. How is this going to end. It's a like a good '24' storyline. I can see the clock ticking....

2 Comments:

Blogger Train said...

The angels just out played the Sox last night. My call of the game was the pitchout on the first pitch after Podsednik makes it on base in the 5th inning. I don’t know if that was more of a Molina call but it was nice. The Angels have also seemed to master that play when they have runners on third and first and the runners take off on the first contact with the bat. Now this might be a standard play and I don’t know this cause I am just a novice baseball enthusiast but they Angels are killing with it. I don’t know if the have the gas left to win the series but I think this is going all 7 games. If they Angels keep playing small ball like this they have a great shot at keeping that 1917 flag flying at US West Cellular.

Wed Oct 12, 11:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

I don't know if game 1 is going to be the model for success for the Angels in the series...Sox simply didn't bunt or defend last night...two things that they have to do in order to move on...I can't see them not doing those two things for the entire series...I think you need to be concerned when Paul "larry joe" Byrd controls the lineup like that...Halo's are operating with a frankenstein starting rotation that moves John Lackey up to the #1 spot...that's a scary statement if you ask me...but, nobody did

Wed Oct 12, 12:35:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home