Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Fight Club

All this talk about a possible tussle between Train and Jimbo seems to fall in line with a site that my friend Darryl was generous enough to share with a few of us late last week. The site is Wimp.com -- which is simple site when first viewed -- but the contents of the site deserve a closer look. Darryl was excited to share it with us. When he was asked the question, "What have you been doing with yourself? Any new music you are listening to?" Darryl replies with, "No, but I have been watching a lot of fights on my computer." Real life Fight Club.

"I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from
fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened."

There are some links to some stupid stuff about dumbs animals or guys gunning for next year's Darwin Awards. But the videos of the fights are just brutal and sadistically addicting. Like video crack, you can't stop clicking for more. Most of the clips are shot on camera phones by "casual" observers, but the lack of quality is more than made up in sheer rawness. Search for the links with "fight" in the title, such simple titles as "Bad ass ritual fights" or "Pissed girls fight". Well worth a look.

"Fight Club was the beginning, now it's moved out of the basement
... it's called Project Mayhem."

Also, while you are browsing the World Wide Web, you would do yourself a service to visit Klosterman's new SuperBowl blog that Train beat me to mentioning while this post was in "draft" status. But it's a good one and worth the look if you haven't yet. You gotta love a writer who references Tawny Kitaen minutes after breaking down Ron Jaworski. Just good times all around.




"It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything."

6 Comments:

Blogger Goose said...

In a week where posting should be at a premium (Super bowl?) Where is SeatownShawon?

Tue Jan 31, 09:30:00 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was wondering the same thing. He was talking about heading down to the Goose Nest for the SuperBowl Lodge official gathering. When I talked to him this past weekend he said a post was coming... well, now it's Tuesday, and... no post. So he's on thin ice.

Tue Jan 31, 09:37:00 AM PST  
Blogger Goose said...

Let me know if he is planning to come to the Nest

Tue Jan 31, 09:45:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

2.0...you are not a unique snowflake...

Tue Jan 31, 12:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Shawon here....I know....very thin ICE by now. I'll make it up with a posting frenzy. I think I just had the two busiest weeks both professionally and academically that I could imagine. That's it for excuses though.

As for Sunday's festivities....still no idea just yet on what to do exactly. I can't seem to make up my mind. Some peeps are hitting up sports bars and some are just laying low...go figure. I should be able to figure it all out by tomorrow night.....thanks for including the rook.

Tue Jan 31, 01:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

nice work on keeping the Lodge posted...we just need to feel the love every now and again C-Town

Tue Jan 31, 02:43:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home