Thursday, January 18, 2007

Consigliere

The big guy has really been finding himself lately. Here Chewbacca is recently seen recording his new album, set to release sometime this summer on the Jay-Z led legendary hip-hop Def Jam music label. As Def Jam's new president and CEO, Jay-Z has signed some of hip-hops biggest acts, from The Roots to Nas. "That I'm the president of the company may take some getting used to for some artists," Jigga said. "But I don't want to say I'm their boss. I'd rather say I'm their consigliere." Nice. Chewy's consigliere.


This a little over a month after LL Cool J announced he wouldn't renew his contract with Def Jam if Jay-Z is still in charge. "How am I gonna re-sign with competition? I'm not an idiot. I can't depend on that man to promote my record while he's somewhere writing rhymes. I'm L.L. Cool J." Wait... LL Cool J still makes records? I thought he was just chillin.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jimbo said...

LL's just working on his PHD...

Thu Jan 18, 01:17:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

time of death?...well...all day really...better luck tomorrow lads...

Thu Jan 18, 03:50:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

Well at least Chewie made a showing

Thu Jan 18, 04:12:00 PM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Wow guys.....I just got put on a really cool job....but it's in Bremelow (aka - Bremerton)....so for a full 2 or 3 days a week I'll be without internet access until I get a laptop.

What is a guy supposed to do with NO INTERNETS!?!?!?

Fri Jan 19, 08:53:00 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

They have no internets in Bremerton? Damn.

Fri Jan 19, 09:54:00 AM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Oh they have Internets....just not at my jobsite....

Fri Jan 19, 10:08:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home