Sunday, January 14, 2007

The wound is fresh...now for my L.M.V.P

I know everyone is still licking their wound from the Hawks 27-24 loss to the Bears. I spend Sunday afternoon yelling at my TV. Yelling at my Least Most Valuable Player


Was it at D-Jack for dropping 2 passes?
Was it to Jeremy Stevens for being MIA in the passing game (However making two HUGE Trap Blocks on Alexander TD runs)
Was it at Pete Hunter?
Matty H?



No...I yelled the whole damn day at Ken Hamlin. Then I realized that I yelled at Ken Hamlin all season long. Since the Minnesota game when his poor angle tackle cut loose Chester Taylor for a 95yd run.

The chicago game was icing on the Cake. I was yelling at Hamlin all day

Chicagos Fist TD run. Hamlin Came into the middle of the field with a horrable angle and flailed at air.

The Berrian 68yd TD pass. Hamlin had deep middle responsibilty. He was so far out of position that Babs came over from the other corner position and had a better play on the ball.

4th quarter. Hamlin makes two sideline tackles against Jones and Benson by sticking his shoulder down. No Wrap up. No actual attempts at a tackle. Classic "Hammer" trying to get on Sportcenter.

Overtime. Hamlin again has deep middle on the Rasheed Davis 30yd catch. The corners depend of Safety help. Hamlin is faked by a Rex Grossman Look-off. There was no tight end and 2WR's to the Strong Side. He was WAY out of position.




I hear he is a big voice in the Locker room. Well I have news for your Hammer. Leaders in the Locker roon need to translate words to plays on the field. Take some tips from the Bears Safeties, who made tackle after tackle in the run game, and did not give up but one long pass play. Mike Green is coming back, and I hope he unseats Hamlin next year. Im a little weary of a Saftey who cant tackle, who is out of position, and yet is the 1st one to talk trash on the defense

Note to John Marshall. Goose has a lot of respect for you and your defense. However. If you would like some help teaching your DB's Angle Tackling and Wrap up, you can find me in the Black Lodge.


Honerable Mention LMVP
Jordan Babineaux, D-Jack,

Ending on a good note. Julian Peterson cemented his value to this team and Gooses purchace of a JP #59 Jersey during the offseason. Well played game and a great 2006 playoff

11 Comments:

Blogger The Dude said...

I think my blame goes toward Boulware. He was in the wrong position several times and contributed to several big plays that brought the end of the Hawks. I think your big concern over the off season is both Safety positions. I think DJack's drops and Stevens absence both are puzzling. I thought Hunter did a good job considering we got him off the street two weeks ago. You should never focus your anger on play you get for covering a guy who gets injuried.

They showed heart but heart alone doesn't win games, it's making plays!

Sun Jan 14, 03:25:00 PM PST  
Blogger The Dude said...

Hey is that guy in your picture getting booked or posing for a football card?

Sun Jan 14, 03:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Do we need to point fingers? Oh well...since we're going to....I'll play.

I wholeheartedly agree that Hamlin needs to learn how to tackle. NUMEROUS times...repeated...in slow motion, we see Hamlin hit a guy low with his shoulders down and bounce right off...and Jones/Benson gets an extra 3 yards. F*CKING BS dude. WRAP HIM UP.

A game like this....every yard down the stretch counts....and Hamlin gives up more yards after the initial "hit" than anyone I've ever seen. Combine that with his ability to be NOWHERE NEAR A WIDE OPEN RECEIVER....I'm just absolutely speechless.

No more words right now.....

Sun Jan 14, 04:49:00 PM PST  
Blogger The Dude said...

words aren't going to fix this game...this game should do some soul searching for this team. I sure they will be back next year and be ready to regain their Conference Championship...

Sun Jan 14, 04:54:00 PM PST  
Blogger Goose said...

wow check ou this activity on a Sunday afternoon.

I still disagree. Boulware is a better tackler and is actually close to most recievers when he gets beat. Lets not forget. This team defense played better last season when Hamlin was gone.

Sad but true

Sun Jan 14, 06:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Goose.....check yourself buddy...I was talking about HAMLIN. Do you see Boulware ANYWHERE in my comment??

"The Hammer" has officially been revoked as an official nickname......my wife embodies the nickname "The Hammer" more than frickin' Ken Hamlin.

...he will forever be known as "Stop Sign" in my playbook. Maybe he can go to Minnesota and play with Frosty Balls in a few years.....

Sun Jan 14, 06:33:00 PM PST  
Blogger Goose said...

Seatown
I was refering to the Dudes comments at the top about Boulware.

That fact that you agree with me proves your vast Fottball knowledge and brilliant analysis. You are the Man

Sun Jan 14, 09:19:00 PM PST  
Blogger The Dude said...

I still think Boulware was a problem too...yes he can tackle but both he and Hamlin have to work on some issues they have on the field if I want them to be on this team next year!

Mon Jan 15, 07:57:00 AM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

I just got out of our Monday morning meeting and a guy called today "Black Monday".....referring to the Hawks loss....but probably forgetting that today is MLK day.....

WHOOPS.

Mon Jan 15, 08:32:00 AM PST  
Blogger Train said...

NICE!! we already have the comment of the day and it's only 9:20

Mon Jan 15, 09:20:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

I'm going to add my two cents...why?...because I invested 3+ hours watching, even though I told myself I wasn't..."every time I think I'm out...they pull me back in..."...

I'll back up a lot of what Goose has already mentioned about the secondary...although...I think you got to admit that you got market value plus an extra bonus from both Babs and the Loan Officer on the corners...which exposed the weakness at the CF spot on the defense...

I think it washes out because for the first time in a long time...you actually had a pass rush from your front four and for most of the 2nd half you stopped all North/South running...something I haven't seen from this team all year...9 out of 11 guys played out of their heads yesterday (well 8.5, Leroy Hill was questionable)...

I'm not sure their is one scapegoat for a game like this...

Mon Jan 15, 09:46:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home