Friday, July 13, 2007

Official Seattle SuperStar


He's still here to play.

In commemoration of this relief I leave the translated lyrics of Ichiro's favorite batting song Superstar. (which is rather surreal...)

“The future is a face of ignorance, I’ll keep making it myself.”Maybe that’s what you think
It’s just that on a kind of loud morning, I lost my voice

But I remember your brightly shining eyes

If I were to meet them again, it would not make me happy
So this is the me of a feeble today
And yet I hate this

“Answers are infinite, I’ll keep making them myself.”
Dying leaves are, as usual, protecting the ground
Kicking, walking over that kind of earth is how I search for my voice

Each time I remember your decision to stand in solitude
I shake, enduring the tears
But this is the me of an inept today

Tomorrow, I want our hearts to face each other in the flame that burns you
As if when we met was something I could be proud of
The you inside the TV
is my superstar

- by Tokyo Jihen/Shiina Ringo

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I chronicled this earlier in the week already but this is good news. We know that Griffey is going into the Hall as a Mariner because his legs broke after his 11 years crashing into the Kingdome wall... but it's good to see a legendary Mariner finally finishing his career with the club (although Edgar has a case, albeit a small one).

Fri Jul 13, 02:19:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home