Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Home Bloggin' with the CS



(here goes one hack's attempt to duplicate the SG's ramblin's)So...being a self-described baseball hater, I find myself intrigued with this year's post-season...main reason why: having 4 NL style teams battlin' for the crown is my dream...strikeout's and home runs are facist...best play in baseball on offense is still the squeeze play...defense? triple play...it's the equivalent to stopping a football team at the 1 on 4 downs, but quicker....best development of post-season? Sweet Lou in the booth, please...don't ever manage another team, I need this through the entire next season...comment of the night: Mark Mulder on Russ Springer ('Stros pitcher) I could never hit that...it looks like its mass high, but it just drops dude...friends don't let friends spend too much time around Barry Zito...is Orlando Cabrera the next David Justice?...back to Sweet Lou: take a moment to imagine him and Red Fairley in booth together w/o any parental supervision..."he'd like to have that one back...he sure would Lou: and I think he'd look for a ball over the plate so that they could score a run and win the game here"....you think Ozzie Guillen has Hal McRae on speed dial?...dear god: Pedro Astacio is alive and yes he hasn't seen a barber since the last time you saw him...I can't say I'm rooting for any particular team, save the 'Stros, but here's some player's that I'm a big fan of (not necessarily in order) 1) Mark Buerhle: I like to think of myself as the Buerhle/Maddox of the whiffle ball world, maybe complete with the hockey beard, always a good call 2) Vlad Guerreo...two words: piss hands, a couple of more words: I put my pants on one leg at a time, but when I do it, I make Pine Tar...3) Lance Berkman, can you seriously see him playing for any other team than the 'Stros?....uh oh...play of the nigh: AJ Pasklfj;akljf;ajsdfkja;sffkjas;kfjski creating the Scoscia face, which looks like knowing the guy your playing NCAA against is letting you back in the game, because the Horeshoe has hime giving 6...oh man, this just went down as the greatest Vegas take I've ever seen...unbelievable call in the white sox game...you think it played out like the end of Bourne Identity? with Selig making the call to the head of the Umpire Union..."shut it down"..."Treadstone?" that was just a simulation program, never got off the ground...thanks for reading I promise to do better next time....

3 Comments:

Blogger Train said...

For a first time effort that was a great rambling. I think the SG would approve. Side note: did anyone catch the post game interview with the Umprire? The man was so incoherent the crew chief had to step in and talk for him. Unintentional comedy through the roof .

Thu Oct 13, 09:15:00 AM PDT  
Blogger The Dude said...

Wow...I would expect something like that happening against the White Sox not for them...but since it helped out...thanks! The umpire made no sense and it's great hearing sports radio break it down and trying to figure it out. Lou Pinnela is hilarious. Poor McCarver couldn't get two words edgewise. Thanks Lou. Well it's to the West Coast for three games...should be interesting.

Great call on the NL style of games. Very true...never have I seen the squeeze used so often like I have in the last two weeks. The classics are coming back!

Thu Oct 13, 11:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

Jimmy. I was impressed with your initial rant. It will go down in history as a great 1st effort.

One phrase to describe it..."Signs of Greatness"

It wasnt like watching John Elway line up under guard 3 times in his 1st game and made you wonder if this Mr Ed looking kid from Stanford was worth trading T Chris Hinton and the incummbant QB Mark Hermann for....but alas he turned out to be the man that Jordan worships as much as Ron Jeremy.


Sometimes you can just see greatness when it appears to you the 1st time.

Wipes away a tear.....
Donald Duck Dunn, Matt Guitar Murphy and the Blues Brothers Band playing Sweet Home Chicago while Jake and Elwood sneak out the back .....

Goose has Left the Blogger!

Fri Oct 14, 07:28:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home