Thursday, April 20, 2006

#3 Draft Pick

Goose has been wanting to know who Vic Johanson is. Well, my friends... Vic Johanson is my #3 Draft Pick. Apparently Vic Johanson has been reading the Lodge everyday for the past couple of months and wants to chime in with his own thoughts and opinions on things. Alas, Vic Johanson is my old roommate, Greg Swinehart. Greg knows entirely way too many good and bad stories about my life (since we've known eachother for over 10+ years), so I'm a little nervous about letting him in the Lodge. And before ya'll start b!tching about me getting 3 draft picks... let's review the fact that Jimbo offered places in the Lodge for the first two, I was only their sponsor. Plus, they've both added a certain flare to the Lodge. And Jayne has a Sci-fi geek to hang out with in The Duke. But basically it comes down to if Jimbo likes a guy or not. And Jimbo has thrown down bones with Greg, and apparently that's good enough for him.

Greg became my roommate our Senior year at Western and later again in Seattle a few years after graduating. Greg is a drummer, addicted to caffeine, loves him a Guinness, Tim Hortons and will talk to you about movies & music until the wee hours of the morn. Trust me, we've done it many a time. Just an all around good guy. Greg is getting married in June also, to a smart-ass girl who's hilarious herself.

So there's a brief synopsis. Tuesday night, after Greg sat in on drums to play with another close friend BWard (aka "Short Bus" to The Dude) for a Graham Travis set at the Croc, I sat down with him at the bar and found out that Greg read the Lodge everyday, and that he wanted in. So basically Greg wanted to join the Lodge, and Jimbo obliged in kind, and I blame Guinness. Vic Johanson folks... but let's just refer to Greg as "Greg" though, because Vic Johanson is only a funny name for so long, then it just gets pretty weird. Kinda like Greg himself. I kid... I kid! In addition, Swinehart has been told that we expect 2 posts for the first 3 weeks and frequent commenting on other Lodge members posts hereafter. So bring it, Greg... like Dae-su with a hammer. Bring the hammer. Or just bring a Korean, that'll do too. Or maybe just a shrubbery. Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here, beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two layer effect with a little path running down the middle.

12 Comments:

Blogger theDUKE said...

heh. this greg bores me. we will first have to dine on live Qagh while drinking blood wine and curse Romulan curs together. Otherwise this Ferengi k'pekt and I will cross Bat'Leths.

Thu Apr 20, 04:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Was that a Star Trek reference? What did I tell you about doing that in public, Devin?

Thu Apr 20, 04:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Apr 20, 04:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

Don't talk to me, your tulips and clogs litter the alpha quadrant. You will get a Galaxy Class Phaser shot.

Thu Apr 20, 04:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

I feel like the NHL circa 1994 -

Expansion is going to kill the Leauge...

Thu Apr 20, 04:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Devin, you aren't helping my claim that you were a positive addition to the Lodge with this geek-talk that only Jayne knows how to translate, while the MCP is on bereavement leave.

Thu Apr 20, 04:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE~!

Thu Apr 20, 04:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Casey said...

I'm more of a quad laser guy myself...

"Great Kid, Don't Get Cocky!"

Thu Apr 20, 04:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

"Expansion is going to kill the league..." Ouch.....that hurts....

Thu Apr 20, 10:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

first off...where the hell is Vic...remember everyone carries a 30 day trial period....theDuke just passed...which is why I'm willing to take on another...I've always generally enjoyed talking to the Swine and the fact that he's a drummer gives him a let up on the competition...in one months time we'll evaluate and 2.0 can go America's Next Top Model on his preformance....

and to Train...expansion is killing the league...my answer is simply: embrace change my brother...don't fall back to your republican roots, you're better than that...

Fri Apr 21, 07:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jimbo, callin' out Train's Elephantitis roots like Lyrics Born.

Fri Apr 21, 09:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

We will see who gets called out in 30 days time....

Vic... you're on the clock

Fri Apr 21, 09:25:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home