Thursday, April 20, 2006

Resistance is Futile

I actually did resist the empire two weeks ago. Courtesy of the Seattle Times they caught me frontside of the Che-PR custom flag. (btw - i do not condone communism) Of course if you know what this issue is about you likely may not have an opinion. Because really i didn't even know about this rally until the day of. But my consideration of it forced me to leave work early because the application of any law pro/con immigration makes me look bad. Why? Because my family is now in its 5th generation in the United States yet I am mistaken as a foreigner or assumed to be from somewhere else. The passing of any legislation in addition to media hype will force me to constantly reprove my identity on a regular basis. This after affect may not matter to some of you. To me that is my only concern, not letting people in or getting people out; the generalization and marginalization of people is incorrect and disregards that color exists within the major citizenship of the nation now. Don't get your panties stinky over this, this is a socio-relational issue for me, not political.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jimbo said...

going to attempt to chime in as a 7th+ generation American...the reason that this issue flares so many tempers is that it combines several of American Societies nasty secrets behaviors...labor, racism and fear drive the immigration issue...it pains me to see the right-leaning fear machine requesting a rodeo-style roundup of "illegals" and have them all deported to "fantasy island"...will this include all Russian and Eastern Bloc-ers?...or only the ones with brown skin?...

I understand the fear: on overtaxed education and health system, and cut in federal revenue, but I do not accept that we have to either a)deport everyone or b)continue to exploit...hopefully better minds than myself are trying to approach a non-partisan resolution that works for government and "illegals"...

Duke, sorry to bring the political light to it, but unfortunately the worst that I've ever been mistaken for is Dutch...

Fri Apr 21, 08:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

I share the same stance as you've stated. but I wonder if you really know about the real problem. do you fear the Dutch Problem as much as i do? If you do I have a final solution we can work on together.

Fri Apr 21, 08:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

and that is America folk...people of many walks of life coming together to rid themselves of the virus we call the Netherlands...

Fri Apr 21, 08:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

Well I don't think Neil could have said it any better...


"They're coming to America
They're coming to America
They're coming to America
They're coming to America
Today, today, today, today, today"

Fri Apr 21, 09:04:00 AM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

funny i was just listening to Neil's greatest hits earlier today. (yea, so what) but if you think the Neil Diamond flipping out thing is strictly comedy I would refer you to find and listen to Brother Love's Salvation Show. Its a song. I dare you.

Fri Apr 21, 09:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

This next song, you all might like. Few people know that I am fueled creatively by my massive hatred of immigrants. [Kenny intros "America"] ...Gary and I have gone on for hours about how much we hate foreignors. Right, Gary?

Fri Apr 21, 09:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

see look at that dutchie. posting about Neil the same time I was posting about Neil. 9:26am. Damn Dutchies, always trying to be fair and on time with everything. Infuriating you in a precise manner...

Fri Apr 21, 09:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Back off, Filipino.

Nice work with the Big Red Friday pic today, Jimbo. I'm gearing up for 3 posts this Friday, so we got cha covered.

Fri Apr 21, 09:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

when in doubt let the big red out...and I feel you on the Duke on the infuriating timing of the Dutch...no respect for personal communication...none

Fri Apr 21, 10:00:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home