Thursday, September 21, 2006

Lodge HMTL How To

(Please note that I put a space after all of the "<" symbols, so the HTML wouldn't actually do this and not let you guys see the HTML tags... to use the HTML tags seen here, you'll need to make sure you have no spaces between the "<" symbol and your text and/or HTML command attribute) Class is in session. I'm no expert, but I have picked up a lot of weird webpage knowledge over the past year working for Amazon. Jimbo & Goose made a request for a HTML tutorial post, and so I'll oblidge. Since the normal < href="http://funnyorpoignantlink.com">
funny or poignant link< /a> most of you know and/or you can use the link for this same simple HTML... I'll cover embedding images and lists today.

images

Images can be used to make your Web pages distinctive and greatly help to get your message across. The simple way to add an image is using the < src=""> tag. Let's assume you have an image file called "peter.jpg" in the same folder/directory as your HTML file. It is 200 pixels wide by 150 pixels high.



< src="http://meat.com/peter.jpg" height="150" width="200" align="left">

I usually find an image off Google Image Search that best fits my post, but the width and height aren't strictly necessary but help to speed the display of your Web page. The "align" attribute moves it to the "left" side of your post or the "right", depending on what you type.

lists

Before I forget, it's Thursday so here's the weekly Chewbacca pic... Chewy hanging with a couple of Goose favorites. Back to the lesson... sometimes I use lists to better format our Popular Top 5 Lists, for example. The first kind is a bulletted list, often called an unordered list. It uses the <> and <> tags, for instance:

<>
<>the first list item< /li>

<>the second list item< /li>

<>the third list item< /li>
< /ul>

Note that you always need to end the list with the < /ul> end tag, but that the < /li> is optional and can be left off. The second kind of list is a numbered list, often called an ordered list. It uses the <> and <> tags. For instance:

<><>Top 5 Drinking Games< /u>< /b>< /center>
<>
<><>< /b>< /li>

<><>< /b>< /li>

<><>< /b>< /li>

<><>< /b>< /li>

<><>< /b>< /li>
< /ol>

Like bulletted lists, you always need to end the list with the < /li>< /ol> end tag. Now, you'll see here that if I remove the spaces between the carats, you will then see the list I created in HTML format (Please comment your own Top 5 Drinking Games, because the list is long & I'm curious what you guys think are the best drinking games ever.):

Top 5 Drinking Games

  1. Lawn Darts: the fact that the game is banned in the U.S. makes it a clear cut #1 in my book.

  2. Bowling: you could go with movie drinking games, but I'm sticking to more "physical" activities for my list... and bowling alleys have bars in them. Nuff said.

  3. Billiards: my buddy Scott Chamberlain thinks that he plays better drunk. I think it's because it loosens up that stick up his butt.

  4. Darts: I have a feeling this will be #1 on Jimbo's list. A very English game now gaining popularity thanks to ESPN.

  5. Tailgating: the public drinking activity that spurned this list from a conversation Jimbo and I had at a tailgating session at Husky Stadium this past Saturday. The Sports Guy mentioned a few weeks back that whoever came up with the first tailgating idea should get a medal. We'll just include him in the Lodge HOF and call it good.

24 Comments:

Blogger Goose said...

Very Well done 2.0

A little education in the Lodge is always good.
Now if the powers that be can add this as a permenant link on the side we will all have a handy reference and can maintain the Lodges highest standard

Thu Sep 21, 09:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

That may be my all time favorite Chewbacca Thursday picture.

It would be better if Chewbacca was tearing Garys arms off while Ron Jeremy was humping someone Gary cares for.

Yes I still hate Gary that much

Thu Sep 21, 09:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

man the last hour has been quiet....No one has said anything...Maybe I'll try to get Joe a hat trick on this post by commenting 46 additional times

Thu Sep 21, 10:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

Joe is still an ass 30 seconds later

Thu Sep 21, 10:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

"Thanks to an unanimous tip, the NFL is going to be looking at the Seahawks/Giants game a little closer. "

Rumor has his this Tipster was Train. Aparently Lofa Tatupu hasnt been returning his calls.

He's like Champ Kind

"We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your laugh. I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together. "

Thu Sep 21, 10:33:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jimbo is on vacation until Tuesday, and the fact that Train apparently is afraid to check the World Wide Web at Pemco, we have the dry spell.

Train is so Champ Kind... good call. What are your Top 5 Drinking Games, Goose?

Thu Sep 21, 11:04:00 AM PDT  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Is Jimbo out of town? ....so he's missing the F-UCLA game on Saturday?

Thu Sep 21, 11:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not sure about the game... but I sent him an email and he's out of the office until Monday Morning September 25th.

Thu Sep 21, 11:30:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Card games rank high. Poker games, Vegas blackjack all require the drink.

Also beer and pool is a given.

Some of my favorites involve TV shows. Like take a drink when someone drops an Fbomb in Sopranos.

Thu Sep 21, 11:37:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

You play that one by yourself in the nest? Speaking of... how is the addition coming along, Goose?

Thu Sep 21, 11:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Casey said...

Wow...I never considered the Train/Champ relation, but now that you mention it, it's flat out eerie.

Thu Sep 21, 11:39:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking for the Monday night game everyone drinks when the word "Katrina" is used for the NO ATL game.

Thu Sep 21, 11:39:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Addition should be complete by the 1st week of Oct.


New wood laminate floors upstairs and new carpet downstairs will round out the nest overhaul this month.

Nest 2.0 should be ready to go by Oct 7th.

Thu Sep 21, 11:44:00 AM PDT  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Go to an M's game and stand out in Center Field/Beer Garden area....and DRINK everytime you see an airplane fly overhead.

Easily housed by the 5th inning.

Thu Sep 21, 12:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Never heard of the Safeco airplane one.

Casey, do you have any ComiCon drinking games? Firefly? Star Trek?

Thu Sep 21, 12:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Casey, I'll bet Train come up to you at work and say things like, "I'm all about having fun. You know, get a couple of cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen, maybe go to Sea World, take my pants off.."

And I know the Brokeback thing has been played out, but here's more Champ Kind.

Thu Sep 21, 02:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you stop talking for a while.

Thu Sep 21, 03:34:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vacation from work does not mean Vacation from the lodge. Especially if the Lodge is not told of said vacation and therefore the drubbing will continue.

Thu Sep 21, 03:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Sep 21, 05:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

Well I posted last night and I have kept in touch for most of the week so why don't you back off.

Thu Sep 21, 06:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

I still have no idea where the Champ connection comes from??? Someone want to shed some light on this for me?

Thu Sep 21, 06:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

Back off?
We are just having fun. Everyone is open target in the Lodge...myself included.

Fri Sep 22, 08:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Casey said...

Althought the Champ comparison is 100% serious.

Fri Sep 22, 08:55:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

sorry I didn't give a heads up to the vacation...and the Bback Mtn montages never get old...and btw...Train was still steaming about the Champ Kind thing last night...

Mon Sep 25, 08:44:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home