Thursday, October 12, 2006

Captain Obvious

Anybody else hear this glorious news? Over the weekend someone told me that Ron "Captain Obvious" Fairly was done as a color analyst for the Mariners. I finally double-checked the source today and found a snippet from the AP confirming it with this picture of Neihaus below. I guess no more hearing, "If Richie would have got a bat on that pitch, he wouldn't have struck out," after Sexson strikes out for the umpteenth time. Darn.


Seattle Mariners' radio announcer Dave Neihaus, left, wipes his eyes as Ron Fairly, right, reaches over and pats him on the back after the final baseball game of the season against the Texas Rangers in Seattle Sunday, Oct. 1, 2006. Fairly, who has been the color commentator for 14 years is retiring after the season.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jimbo said...

I really have no comments...other than had I said comments instead of no comments...I would've had to make a comment...like this one time I was playing with Don Drysdale in 1965 with the Dodgers...

Thu Oct 12, 03:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

I believe Jimbo really said all that needs to be said... I wonder who will replace him??

Thu Oct 12, 03:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bring back the "Bone", Jay Buhner, full-time... with him in the booth, there's always a 10% chance he could drop an F-bomb every inning.

Thu Oct 12, 03:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

what about adding some of those guys from "Almost Live" ...I'm sure they're not doing anything...actually I'm positive they're not...

Thu Oct 12, 03:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

In fact lets add the "Almost live" guys with "Kids in the Hall Guys"

Fri Oct 13, 06:31:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home