Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Recap

I wanted to tie up some loose ends before I lounge around my house watching “Becker” re-runs for the rest of the day.

1-Sunday, the Lodge is holding an informal gathering for both Conference Championships + one mammoth EPL battle discussed earlier in the week in a post involving hot Brasilian women and butt-chins. The event will begin at noon with a delayed showing of Manchester United on the road to Arsenal and followed by a delayed showing of the NFC Championship where we will only be subjected to a 1000 “Our Country” commercials instead of Chevy’s mandatory 10,000 for any Fox covered sporting event. All are welcome, even Dutch Futbol supporters, hmmm, speaking of which:

2-News out of UEFA today that Dutch semi-power Feyenoord FC has been kicked out of the Champions League’s little step-brother: The UEFA Cup after crowd disturbances from their 3-0 November 30th loss at French Club, Nancy. Yes, that’s right Feyenoord supporters; you lost to a club that shares the first name with a former First Lady. I would smash a window or two if that happened to my club. Here’s to the Feyenoord supporters continuing to give a black eye to Futbol on the continent and terrorizing the good people of France.(I know 2.0 has used the photo on previous occasions, but I figured this is a good example of the Feyenoord Fan Base)

3-From France to Florida and the good people at NASCAR who apparently find really good karaoke singers to be a good marketing tool and I can’t say I blame them. In a competition and league that can be loosely defined as a “sport”, doesn’t it make sense to have a singer that can loosely be defined as an “artist”? Seems like a match made in the middle lawn on top of an RV to me.

Not to go on a NASCAR rant, but when my two favorite NASCAR moments involve Cole Trickle facing his demons and returning to Daytona a year after an almost fatal crash and Ricky Bobby running almost naked on a race track…well, I guess that means you have more memories for me than the NHL.

4-Cigarrettes are still addicting, (although now they burn longer and have more nicotine!

5-Finally, in a minor UK Futbol related story, on loan to Portsmouth from Chelsea footballer: Glenn Johnson apparently needs a new contract to pay for lids to the head.

I really just want to use this story to post the following comment from an employee at the B&Q:

“We all recognised Johnson. No one could quite believe a bloke like him, with all that money, would be moronic enough to nick a toilet seat. They were spotted by one of our security guards, a chap of 74, and cops arrived as they were trying to leave.”

In the immortal words of a Great American Poet: "It's funny because it's true"

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I read that story this morning about Glen Johnson too. Crazy bloke. Change your Fantasy Futbol Team if needed.

As far as Sunday is concerned... I'm going to get over there as soon as possible. I'm not sure when I'll get the car, so my time of arrival might vary. Probably around 1-2 because of the automobile issue. I'll bring the puppy again so Cash and Gatsby can tire themselves out again.

Fri Jan 19, 11:18:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

sounds good...I'm going to start the match around noon or whenever Train heads over...so I'm sure you'll catch parts of it...and oh yeah...the Bones will be dusted off...

Fri Jan 19, 12:16:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home