Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mixed Bag

The Big guy...spotted passing several people on the way to winning his age group at the annual Skywalker Ranch 5-K. I am forced to wonder if there are any other up-and-coming runners that will ever be in Chewbacca's "age group". How old is he anyway? Incidentally, that guy he's passing looks a bit demoralized...

Another random news story today, I was very surprised to read this story from down under. I always assumed that Mrs. Potatohead was the shady one. Is it surprising that this was a shipment from Ireland? This may explain how those crazy Irish are able to eat raw potatoes whenever necessary.

Since the Lodge headline and POD already cover a little CL news of the day, we might as well stay in that region of the globe and enjoy the Celtic triumph over Milan last night.

The video below is a highlight of the final goal. Celtic ended up scoring near the end of the match to go up 2-1 which was a big upset in terms of this game. Apparently both teams played a pretty intense matchup last season for a trip to the semifinals and AC Milan won that game in the final minute....so you know what payback is huh? However, after the goal is scored and the Celtic fans basically tear the stadium down. Some douchebag decided to jump from the stand and go after Dida. By go after, I mean to barely touch Dida in the neck while running by. Dida then takes about 5 steps and looks like he was shot, or that fan knew the 5-point exploding heart technique from Kill Bill.

Are you fricking kidding me? This is the kind of crap that I have to deal with when I explain soccer to people. Incidentally, the guy ended up turning himself in to authorities and has been banned from Celtic matches for life....but it's the behavior of that frickin' Brazilian goalie that I can't stand.

I'll quote GWB when I say that in an attempt to make this post even more "multi-topical", we'll bring it back to the mainland for a quick preview of this weeks Seahawks matchup against the Pittsburgh Stealers. I know that I picked the 'Hawks to lose this game in my prediction post (we can always root for a little reverse jinx action), but I have just one comment to make on this because it's the first time in awhile that I can honestly say that Mike Holmgren has truly impressed me as a coach. Why is this? #15 - Seneca Wallace.
Just by including him in last week's win against SF, he has forced the Pittsburgh coaching staff to gameplan for him in case he is brought into the game. Will he pass? Will he catch? ...maybe neither...maybe he comes in and Shaun Alexander breaks one off in the other direction. We have been waiting for Holmgren to take Seneca out of his shiny wrapping and unleash the potential that we all know is there....and here we go. Whether or not the guy actually touches the ball or not, the simple fact is that just having the idea planted in opposing defenders' minds, could potentially open up the offense in a way that we haven't seen before. Hats off to the Walrus....and GO HAWKS!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jimbo said...

Dida is Italian for Fragile` ...and since I don't really have anything...

I think the Sunday's matchup in the Steel City is a "look out" game for both teams...Hawks are going to need to control TOP and special teams...really Poohbah? can't that be said for all organized football...well, yes...but in this match they can't keep the front 7 on the field for 35-40 minutes while the Steelers wear down the line...and special teams, to keep momentum on their side and not have to play from a big deficit...

that's just my take...

Thu Oct 04, 02:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm just happy the Hawks game is going to be on TV down here. First game all season.

Of course, I'll be in Vegas and will be able to watch any game at the Sports Books.

Jimbo, I'll call you tonight after my class around 9:30PM... we'll set up a rendezvous time on Friday night in Sin City.

Thu Oct 04, 03:07:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So who will be making it to Lost Wages with 2.0?

Thu Oct 04, 04:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

I believe the Lodge will be represented by Poohbah, Dude and 2.0, not enough for a majority ruling...

Thu Oct 04, 05:15:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home