Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Men's Warehouse Weekend Sale

I know some in this blog, me included could care less about the NBA but I had to bring this up. Who has a problem with a Dress code in the NBA? I sure don’t. The NBA is a business and most business that I know of has dress codes. It is about time these guys grow up and realize that want all this respect they have to act like they deserve respect. I remember back in the day with the likes of Magic and Jordan those cats would always be dressed to the nines. Seemed like there was in unwritten rule that you take pride in your team and the league. I got to think that maybe the influx in youth in the league and the ME attitudes that are so prevalent in this league has caused the Keebler Elf himself (D. Stern) to look at a new way to market this game to the people like myself who gave up on it about 5 years ago to see maybe they are trying to bring some respect back. He has to do what he can cause after all we are only talking about a Business and last time I checked if people don’t want to see your goods, your business won’t last that long.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimbo said...

This one's a tough call for me...first though, the fact that the players union agreed to it almost negates any player commmentary about how unfair it is...second, it's something Nate Mac has implemented for years along with a couple of other coaches(sidenote: I can't think of a better team in need of a dress code or smoking code than Nate's new project)...third, what's the realistic model for making this a success, meaning: does this give popularity back to the NBA?...I hate to go out and sound like the late great Ralph Wiley, but how can this not be preceived as inadverent or even obvious racism? i.e. Luxury Boxes is what drives league revenue, the people most commonly sitting in those boxes are white upper-middle class white men, usually wearing business casual...is Stern making a direct appeal to them at the stake of individual rights? personally, I don't have a dress code, and not a big fan of them to begin with, but if it sells more luxury boxes than I guess its deemed worth to Stern...my take is that its 70/30 split between image and product, with product taking the majority...we'll see

Wed Oct 19, 04:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

Small note.
Flying home from Spokane with the Gonzaga Womens Volleyball Team.....Priceless

Thu Oct 20, 07:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

I really don't think that it's a small note.

Fri Oct 21, 08:58:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home