Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Hope all members of the Lodge had a splendid Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanza and so on. Is there any way that we could start a petition to get Christmas on a weekend every year? You can’t beat a three day weekend.

Here are a few Holiday notations that I made while relaxing over the weekend. I have nothing profound to say, sorry Joe no pictures. Just an easy post to get us through the the first day back to work - well for some of us.


Colt v. Hawks

Hawks can take a few things away from the colt’s game but only a few. Not really much of a test when over half the Colts starting D is on the sidelines for the whole game. No Freeney, Simon and June made this one really a mismatch from the beginning. The crowd new a big day was in order for Alexander when he scampered 8 yards on his first carry.

Hawks Defense played solid in the red zone but least we not forget there was no Harrison out on the end. The Hawks have perfected the bend but don’t break D this year and Saturday they bent a whole lot. The Train is thinking very hard about making his first ever Hawks clothing purchase and that purchase might just be a 51 jersey.

The 12th man again made its presence felt. I have to admit it’s freakin’ loud at the Q. Though I doubt any crowd can shake Manning but they did there best.

Seattle is a Good team and I think they have a legit shot at making SB XL but I don't know it they are great enough to win the whole thing.

Munich - I know this has been covered but I had to give my impression of the film

This movie really hit me in the gut. I wouldn’t recommend this to be viewed before a holiday. The movie kept me up most the night. I realized I know nothing of the Middle East and the Israeli struggle for independence. Something I will have to read up on. By the time the movie ends the viewer questions everything there country does. I tell you I thought to myself governments are bad not matter who is in office, what form of government and where it’s location is. Does any response no matter how measured justify murder and destruction? This is what I was thinking about when I should have been dreaming of sugar plum fairies and blah, blah blah but no I had mid east peace on my mind. The train will be hitting the books for the next few months. I think Steve S hit it right on with this picture. It just makes you think and that’s its intent.


Strong performance from Eric Bana in the lead roll. The best I have seen him in but that’s only 2 movies (Hulk and Black Hawk Down). Big shout out to Michael Lonsdale for his performance as Papa, the head of a crime family – think Corleone but international assassins. You might remember him from Ronin. He has a certain calming quality to his voice that really mesmerized me, very noble performance.

Spielberg did in excellent job in recreating the 72 games. It was freaky to watch it since I really know nothing of the event.

I want to also thank the Cincinnati bungles who delivered a first round by to the Broncos after a humiliating loss to the bills. Oh, and Chad Johnson’s end zone antics was a little supbar in my book but I don’t have that nice a books so…

We might have to have a meeting of the Lodge for a few playoff games. We have some interesting matchups that will need to be discussed.

The Train also got an awesome Christmas gift from his sister – a New HP laptop. Now you all know who's the smart one in the family, well not smart but she is the bread winner. Finally I have reached the space age.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Train, I love that you think the Broncos getting a first round bye actually means something. You really feel safe with the Snake at QB? Ya, I thought not. There's a reason you barely mention your Rocky Mountain NFL Team in the Lodge.

Tue Dec 27, 01:56:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

Actually Joe I talk about them all the time. Except no one wants to listen. Oh, and I do feel better with the Snake at QB when the Playoff game will be at home. Odd to say that this is the first playoff game at new mile high. I have faith in the snake cause he is keeping it simple and not making mistakes. It's my team I have to have faith other wise I could never call my self a true fan. Speaking of that Joe - which team are you rooting for this year? the Hawks? the Colts? to bad the Ravens aren't in it.

Tue Dec 27, 01:58:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

Ouch...you boys play nice now...congrat's on the HP Train...its been a long time coming and you definitely deserve it...it opens up a brand new world at the Train station with real time stats and answer's to Trivia...and I think the 'Co's have as good a shot as anyone to come out of the AFL...that is unless they go up against 10% of your heart...then it might get tricky...the man will not allow his team to lose...unless we're talking about earlier this year when he did, but that was then...this is Playoff's...

Tue Dec 27, 03:32:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home