Tuesday, October 25, 2005

You heard it here 1st

Wanted the boys to be the 1st to know. After 10 years of coaching (2 pop warner and 8 at newport), Mother Goose is hanging up the whistle at the end of the season. Wanting to spend more time with family and friends is the main reason, as football is such a huge commitment.

Look at it this way. I have been in Seattle since 1996 and have never been to a Husky game.

In 8 years I have had 4 playoff years and 7 consecutive winning season. I also leave as the winningest coach in Newport Jr Football history with 43 wins. Hows that for a stat?

Jimmy and Train. The season we all coached together was still a highlight. That was a great year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Train said...

Goose-Sorry to hear that you are hanging up the whistle but I understand your reasons. I just thought you and RJ might beceome the next Mora's. Who's to say you won't be. I'm happy to have been apart of two of those seasons. We had some great times and some interesting ones (Des Moines). best of luck as you close out your season. Next year we can plan a few Husky tailgates...

Tue Oct 25, 08:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

Mother Goose in E1 is a beautiful image...not quite as beautiful as the coach on the Seahawk sideline commanding his squad to a dominating victory over some hapless Eastside Boy's Academy, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder...somehow I feel that this is not the end of the Mother Goose's coaching career, same goes for Mr. Train and myself...and to third the statement: many memories still remain fresh in my mind of my inagural year of coaching; "we're bringing the house and I want to see your stop it" Jim Johnson D on the Jr. level

Tue Oct 25, 09:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger The Dude said...

it is a sad day to hear that you are putting up your whistle. I have heard nothing but positive things from your camp. I'm sure you won't have to look hard for a job. You will be like Phil Jackson or Bill Parcells, everyone wants you as coach. It was an honor to see you coach the couple of times I've made it out to the eastside. Congrats on all your accomplishments and for an enjoyable ride.

Tue Oct 25, 03:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

A few things... first off, congrats on a file tenure. You have coached those kids well, and they'll remember you forever -- which is a pretty sweet legacy to leave.

Second, welcome back to the weekend life, baby! You now can sleep in if you feel like it and have your afternoons to spend with your family. Give me congratulations to Michele with 1 "L" also.

Wed Oct 26, 06:25:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home