Friday, April 21, 2006

The answer to the question....Why Goose hates Gary Coleman

So this week we all have come to the realization that there are several things that Goose hates.



The Dallas Cowboys
Serenity
Dr. Laura
and yes, I hate Gary Coleman










Lets flash back to 1990.
Tucson Arizona. Gooses senior year of high school.

I had finished most of high school by my junior year and was only taking two classes my senior year. So I got out of school around 11am. I was working in a restaurant/deli called Eegees.

Gary Coleman was working at a Train Store near the restaurant. He would occasionally come in. He seemed harmless. a little sad. Im pretty sure this was during the time he was in legal disputes with his parents.

One day we were in the middle of the "Lunch Rush". I was working the register and had a line of about 20+ people. In comes Gary Coleman, looking pissed off at the world. Just in a rotten mood. Walks past the 20 people to the front of the line. "Im on my lunch and I need to get back to the store, I need to have my order taken" he tells me.

Now Goose has met many famous people in his lifetime. Steven Spieberg, John Travolta, and most of them are pretty normal people. Down to earth. nice people. One thing that pisses Goose off most of all is the phrase "Do you know who I am?". This phrase above all others chaps my hide. Anyone who believes there are better than someone else just because of a little fame deserves an old fashioned Goose ass kicking.



So back to the story. Im sitting there in front of Gary Coleman who at that moment as you may have well guessed pulls out the phrase that pays. "Do you know who I am?
Goose had ammo, and figured since this wasnt going to be my career forever, I figure what a better way to get fired. I responded to Gary. "You are Gary Coleman, the has-been actor from Different Strokes, now if you want some food get to the back of the line, or just go back to your Toy Train Store"

I've heard of people having a "conniption fit". I also saw Scanners where that Dudes head gets blown off. Gary Coleman saw Red. In one shining moment Goose deflated the mighty ego of Gary Coleman. He huffed, scowled and stormed out of the restaurant. Lated he called the manager to try to get me fired. My manager actually pissed him off too. she asked him to tell me exactly what he said. When he told her she asked him, Did you actually say to him "Do you know who I am?"

So I didnt get fired, was promoted a few months later and still enjoy visiting Eegees when I am in Tuscon. Seatown, you know what Im talkin' about.

I saw Gary a couple of times after that and he just gives me a dirty look and walks away.I watched him on an episode of the Surreal Life a few years ago, when Vanilla Ice threatend to throw him in a Fryer. He got pissed off and left the set. He has that same look on his face as he stormed off....the Gary Coleman Face. He learned one valuable leasson that day.

Gary Coleman....you dont impress Goose.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe the best comeback line I've ever heard. Great story. Does Gary Coleman count as a midget? We all know that midgets make everything better. Well, they made this Friday's Lodge better with that story... so I guess he's a midget.

Fri Apr 21, 01:49:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

Coleman once said that he'd never had sexual relations with a woman before...if this is true (and I have no reason to believe it's not true) than I would definitely say that he deserved to cut in line and get his sandwich and go back to the train store...I don't know why, but the Coleman in Security gear depresses me...security guards in general depress me, but this one really gets me...that and the whole lack-of-carnal-knowlege thing...

Fri Apr 21, 02:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

which brings me to this question...even though his folks ripped him off...didn't he have enough cash initially to get a little nookie?...wasn't that chick on Different Strokes a crack-addict?...you see what I'm getting at?...the Lodge deserves answers

Fri Apr 21, 02:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

So what you are saying is why didnt Gary slip Dana Plato a little pickle tickle while she was passed out from an all night crack binge?

Fri Apr 21, 02:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

in so many words...or your words...

Fri Apr 21, 02:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

I know Gary Coleman Senator, and this is not the Gary Coleman I know....

The combo of short man's disease and parent's take all your money can create quite the temper for the little conductor... I actually feel sad for the guy.. but not that day back in the hot spring sun of '90.

Fri Apr 21, 02:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Wow....this is the best thing I've heard in a loooong time. Goose, you are friggin' awesome. The fact that he recognizes you enough to give you dirty looks is absolutely priceless.

I wonder if Gary Coleman has so many people on his shit list by now that he just scowls at everyone figuring that they have either pissed him off in some way, or would if given the chance......

Fri Apr 21, 04:05:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goose - my first time visiting the black lodge . . . great story!! Loved it. - Joe's brother Mike.

Sun Apr 23, 08:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

The Lodge is slowly being infiltrated by 2.0 and his minions.

Mon Apr 24, 08:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

mmm. the gary coleman age of hate continues. on a similar note, my old manager when i worked in car stereos is from the east coast. him, his brother, and a friend would go to anywhere they knew Neil Diamond was going to appear around New York or Jersey and jeer him with "You Suck Neil!" and had signs to that effect as well. Why? Because they couldn't break him. No matter how much he got trailed or hated on, he would always say, "Thanks guys, I love you too. God Bless You."

Mon Apr 24, 01:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

And that is why Neil Diamond is AWESOME!!!

Mon Apr 24, 01:53:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home