Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Hip Hop

In the spirit of Halloween, and because its been a while, I give you the 2006 Battle of the Year Korea region FINALS. (Drifters vs. Rivers Crew) Mostly, the music is really dark. I never used to like organic hip hop breaks, but these sounds just really wanna make you lounge in the dark brooding. Or is that just me?


Some of the tracks:
The Herbaliser - Goldrush
Henry Mancini - Police Woman Theme"
Another:Can - Vitamin C

If anyone has musical knowledge that can identify the rest - I would be grateful. I would have liked to have found the 2005 BOTY World Final which has the same music since Japan is kind of crazy and they dressed like grim reapers, mummies, and maniacs.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope the team on the right won... that was sick. Good find, Devo.

Tue Oct 31, 01:22:00 PM PST  
Blogger theDUKE said...

The official Battle of the Year just happenned in Germany on October 21st. I looked at the judging sheet - its pretty damn complicated. Int'l battles are not just a free for all.

Tue Oct 31, 02:10:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a battle today at the Nou Camp.....

Tue Oct 31, 02:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger theDUKE said...

excuse me, i had to switch the video to the "good" version.

Tue Oct 31, 02:19:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rest..(2006 boty Korea)
Eddie kendricks - date with the rain(2005 also)
Butta - sunday afternoon

Sun Feb 11, 08:39:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home