Monday, February 19, 2007

Thoughts while wondering how we can amend the 43rd President of the United States from this glorious day

While I sit in my empty office pissed off because I'm not going to get any new Netflix until Thursday instead of Wednesday this week, I've been thinking about the following news items, maybe you have too:

*it appears that Michael Irvin's karma might have peaked last month with the nod over Art Monk for the NFL Hall...he can now look for a return to "The Worst F'N Sports Show on TV"...and frankly, in the mind of one disillusioned 'Boys fan...this has been a long time coming...now let's get Sterling Sharpe back...


*in a big weekend in NFL news, looks like the premier butt-faced posterboy had a wtf moment when his ex-girlfriend announced that #12 can now be referred to as..."My Baby's Daddy"...Ron Jaworski is already set to announce and give post-game breakdown of the birth...

*It looks like the ghost of Jimmy Hoffa might actually be buried at Qwest Field afterall!...good news though...if the unions are busted...maybe beers might go down to only $20 bucks for 12oz...(somewhere my industrial revolution ancestors are picketing me out of the family burial site)

*Where the f was this technology when Jerry Garcia was still alive?

*also, in news that I'll never fully understand...44.5 Million?...really?...f'n Ghostrider?... I think I'm ready to give myself over to the Church of Cage...

*didn't watch either the 500 or All-Star Game...however I did see Detroit win the team challenge on Saturday with a pushing 3 bills Laimbeer throwing up half-court shots like Ollie from Hoosiers...I can't imagine either competition could top that...

*Finally...The Champions League is back this week bitches!!!...you know what that means...nothing...except that I have something to do on Tuesday and Wednesday night!!!

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A buttface baby?? The wee green monster is taking over your soul! Transparent are your comments. Much hurt to hate someone that looks good, and baby-momma hot.

Mon Feb 19, 11:29:00 AM PST  
Blogger Train said...

What, Huh, and Whaaaat??

Mon Feb 19, 11:32:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

English as second language perhaps we speak?...

Mon Feb 19, 11:37:00 AM PST  
Blogger Train said...

"I'm searching for a Jedi Master!"

Mon Feb 19, 11:41:00 AM PST  
Blogger Casey said...

Jayne's official "Ghost Rider" review:

Retarded, but fun to watch.

Mon Feb 19, 12:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

sounds like it has potential for a sure-fire "Hung over on a Saturday or Sunday morning and not willing to get out of bed until noon and will watch basically anything that has explosions" classic written all over it...

other classics include: National Treasure and Con-Air

Mon Feb 19, 12:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

Classic Scousa's....

Liverpool is in crisis: At the team's training camp in Portugal ahead of Wednesday's Champions League match a drunk Craig Bellamy beat a teammate with a golf club.

Mon Feb 19, 12:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger Goose said...

I saw "Breach" over the weekend. Excellent film.

Mon Feb 19, 12:51:00 PM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

I read that he beat up his teammate because he refused to participate when they were out drinking and doing karaoke....and he felt "belittled" in front of the team.....

Mon Feb 19, 12:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

just remember Train: "You can't buy History...you can't buy it...not 50 years worth..."

Mon Feb 19, 12:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

I can think of no better reason to beat a teammate than that one...

Mon Feb 19, 12:58:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

I also saw BREACH this weekend and thought it was a very well made movie and very good.

Mon Feb 19, 01:37:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

I did NOT see BREACH this weekend...but I also thought it was well made...despite the Philippe presence...

Mon Feb 19, 01:45:00 PM PST  
Blogger Goose said...

I admit I have a desire to beat Ryan Phillippe because he is pretty much a douche bag. But he was pretty good in this film

Mon Feb 19, 02:02:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Phillipe good in a film? Did hell freeze over and no one told me?

Mon Feb 19, 02:23:00 PM PST  
Blogger Goose said...

Yes Joe.
Hell has frozen over....
You are no longer an Ass, you send quality trade offers, and have begun showing your loyalty for only 1 team instead of a yearly bandwagon.

*Snap*

Mon Feb 19, 02:33:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

According to the Reds, the Bellamy story might have been blow out of proportion.

Of course, the guy looks like he has a little bit of a short guy complex and a mean Welsh mean streak.

Mon Feb 19, 02:34:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and speaking of trade offers. The Big League for MLB has been set up by Soup. I can forward you the ID and password if you want in. Only 12 teams this year. Same format as last year with the following categories:

Stat Categories:
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Mon Feb 19, 02:37:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

Bellemy has troubles were ever he goes... He will be in the MSL in a few years.

I love that he was beating his teammate with a golf club...

Joe, I will pass on the MLB - I am boycotting baseball

Mon Feb 19, 03:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

I really wanted to type something obnoxious here but I find that I can't due to the fact that I'm in such a relaxed and happy state after enjoying Mogwai's entire catalog in my office all day.

All seems right with the world.

Now let's bowl!

Mon Feb 19, 03:16:00 PM PST  
Blogger Train said...

What that I am boycotting Baseball...? Hell I've been boycotting it since I was born. Maybe my transformation to uber-soccer snob is complete???

Shawn you are so pants right now"

PS - I've been listening to Zidane for most of the day... It pretty much explains in music how great of a player he was.

Mon Feb 19, 03:22:00 PM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Nah....obnoxious comments directed at everybody....completely equal opportunity....but maybe mostly at Ryan Phillipe.

We will never know....

Mon Feb 19, 03:32:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Welsh are a proud people with a long history of colonial era coal and steel production led in modern times by their propensity for independent music from Lodge favorite McLusky to Eminem favorite Jem

also known for producing great Rugby players such as Graham Price and Gareth Thomas...the Welsh have produced a slew of top fligh footballers including aforementioned Craig Bellamy, but also personal favorite Ryan Giggs, Premiership journeyman Gary Speed, FA Cup and current Blackburn manager Mark Hughes, and last but not least current Fulham manager and US Soccer Fan Chris Coleman...

...and a tribute to Wales would not be complete w/o giving props to their disguinshed list of actors and actresses: here are just a few: Sir Anthony Hopkins, John Ryhs-Davies, Timothy Dalton, Jonathan Pryce and of course the lovely Catherine Zeta-Jones...

Thank you,

Mon Feb 19, 03:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Timothy Dalton = Pants

Mon Feb 19, 03:38:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jimbo said...

That's the Ticket!!!...nicely done CTown

Mon Feb 19, 03:50:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home