Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dubya versus Lil Zhe


Let the guns continue! The paramilitary police of Brazil are going all out as President Bush goes to Brazil. As always my expectations of gang violence and authoritarian rule in Brasil are not let down as the hotel is surrounded by anti-aircraft guns and a few companies of infantry. George must finally feel the need to hang out next to heavy steel and samba dancers. Doesn't everybody. (pic right: it means BUSH OUT)


Besides that my random perusings of things Brazilian led me to this Lodge favorite and new musical gem: City of God - Remixed


"Dadinho my d**k, my name now is Zé Pequeno, F**K!"

Beyond Bebel Gilberto and Zuco 103, the rise of Brazilian culture cannot be stopped by the prison systems. And this album gives a lot of cool sounds.

Soft Jungle beats open up the sounds with Amor De Verao and some of the tracks give you this foot tapping happy bossa nova sound like Pizzacato Five on Convite Pra Vida. A big surprise was one of the later tracks that has a trippy Daft Punk sound on Vita.

Total lounging can be achieved in the basement or on Ipanema beach, well at least Alki.



"Listen man, I smoke, I snort... I've been begging on the street since I was just a baby."
And the rawness just continued since lo and behold there was another release: City of God Remixed - Volume 2.
Hearing this one felt invigorating like mugging my cousin for some skittles. But its much more of a dance album than lounge album. Some of the tech tracks are a little bit dated, but still good. This was especially noticed with the House style remixed tracks of Convite Para Vida & Hard Galinha.
The big surprise jumped out with the funky tracks like Mad Zoo Sessions. Then the big band horns got thrown down on Ze Pequeno to get your soul moving your feet.
They're fun albums. Downloaders begin your searching and/or buying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimbo said...

what up Duke?..you're not going to share the wealth with the rest of the Lodge or just me?...you know I'm penta-champ!...yousendit.com...

Thu Mar 08, 02:35:00 PM PST  
Blogger theDUKE said...

are you implying "file-sharing"? that would be wrong. but i do condone sampling.

Fri Mar 09, 12:15:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home