Wednesday, April 25, 2007

With the 1st pick in the 2007 NFL Draft....Gooses 1st annual Mock Draft

So rather than bore everyone with a full 30 team mock draft, I figured I’d break down my top10 predictions and then add in the 1st picks for Dallas, Denver and Seattle. Now mind you trades can happen which throws everything for a loop. Plus I'm no John Clayton, who is calling GM's daily...

1. Oakland: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU – There will be quite a bit of pressure for the Raider to pick Calvin Johnson, However I think The Strong Arm Russell will end up at #1
2. Detroit: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson – Detroit needs a pass rusher, and cant afford to draft yet another WR in the 1st round. Look for DET and TB to potentially switch spots.
3. Cleveland: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma – There is a toss up between Brady Quinn and AP. I don’t see Cleveland Turning away a bruising Larry Johnson type Running Back. Too bad his Offensive line is so poor.
4. Tampa Bay: Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech – This may be the biggest impact player of the draft. If he gets into Camp in time and learns Grudens offense, Tampa Bay will be a monster team. Especially once Cadillac Williams ends his sophomore slump. Plus there are talks that Tampa is in Talks for Lance Briggs.
5. Arizona: Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin – The Cards could potentially trade down. This draft is strong at OL. But if the Cards stay, they pick their left tackle for the next 10 years. Thomas is a good prospect.
6. Washington: Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville – Look for the Skins to try to trade out of this pick. Miami may try to trade up to select Brady Quinn.
7. Minnesota: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame – Brad Childress gets his West Coast QB. Unfortunately, he won’t be there for year 3 when Quinn starts to develop.
8. Atlanta: LaRon Landry, S, LSU The Falcons pick the best Player left. Landry is a solid hitter and cover guy that can lead the young secondary in Atlanta.
9. Miami: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State – If Quinn drops he is picked here by Miami, If not Miami has it Left Tackle.
10. Houston: Alan Branch, DT Michigan – If Adrian Peterson is gone as predicted, and Levi Brown in snagged, Houston may trade out, or select the best DT on the Board to team with Super Mario.


21. Denver: Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas – He may get past San Fransico and drop to Denver at here. Adam Carriker DE is my second choice here.



22. Dallas: Ted Ginn Jr., Ohio State – Look for Ginn to wet Jerry Jones Palette. Although I think a better choice here would be Dwayne Jarrett.

55. Seattle: Zach Miller, Arizona State – If Miller drops, this is 1st round talent in the second round. The Hawks could take Ben Patrick from Deleware in rounds 3 or 4. If Miller is gone, (Keep an eye on Green Bay picking at #47) look for at DT like Demarcus Tyler from NC State.

22 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Briggs would work very well in Tampa's Cover 2... very interesting rumor. I too think Tampa will end up with the 2nd pick for Calvin. Although we are talking about the Lions, if anybody could screw it up and miss on a trade, it's Detroit.

Jeff, looks like Train is pulling a Googs on Saturday... you can come over for lunch and we can kick it at my place if you want. Let me know.

Wed Apr 25, 10:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

some interesting articles on the best and worst draft picks by selection #
Worst

and Best

Wed Apr 25, 11:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

The lodge is becoming a Pink Floyd song...

Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again.....

Wed Apr 25, 11:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

Sorry fella's...between getting over the match last night and training this morning...I've been overwhelmed (not the first time)...

The scouting reports on NFL.com are amazing...If TB secures CJohnson then they immediately become a playoff and SB contender...no joke...

Wed Apr 25, 12:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

So by that rational Jimbo if someone were to say have picked up a futures bet on Tampa (say at 75-1 odds) then that said person might be deemed "An insightful gambler"

(Twisting the knife on 2.0 always feels good)

Wed Apr 25, 12:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

I would say that person knows their way around a blackjack table and a sports book...that's what I would say about that person...

I would say someone that critiques said gambling jedi would prove themself as an ass...of epic proportions...

Wed Apr 25, 02:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Goose, I never said it was a bad bet, you ass. I only asked who made the call? Jeez, let it go. I also mentioned that at 75-1 odds, the bet was a sound one.

Now that we're back to ripping each other... let's take a Lodge vote on how many years Goose will have Art Monk as his icon? (Since he vowed to keep Monk there until the skinny WR was elected to the HOF)

Wed Apr 25, 02:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wed Apr 25, 03:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

Ouch...going after a man's icon gets personal, unless it's MCP...and considering that I believe Monk's window has closed and Michael Irvin stole his HOF spot like a U player rading the computer lab...my bet is that Goose has the only icon he'll ever need...

Wed Apr 25, 03:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

Monk will be in within 2 years, then begins my Darrell Green for HOF Campaign

Wed Apr 25, 03:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

There is a new obsession to learn before my next Vegas Trip. Craps.

I've become a student of the craps game. Picked up some books and am trying to add it in addition to Blackjack as my gambling addiction grows.

The steps to becoming a profesional Gambler continues.

Wed Apr 25, 03:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

Good point though. It was time for a new Art Monk Icon, one when he is beating former Cowboy Victor Scott like a Narc at a Biker Rally

Wed Apr 25, 03:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

I like the breakdown Goose. Solid as ever.

Thanks for including the Lodge 'teams'

I still believe the Raiders will take Johnson. Davis can't pass up a speed burner. Plus, I want that team to keep up the SUCKIN'

Wed Apr 25, 03:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

Well its not all the teams. I chose not to do the Ravens for 2.0

Wed Apr 25, 03:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Woah....I just checked in on the 'bigger dance' standings to check up on the days matches.....and look who's in 12TH PLACE! ....let's keep this train a rollin'!

The Black Lodge

Standing Player Points
12 Shawn Scott 46
3877 Jeff Serling 39
11917 Jim Edwards 35
14083 Joe Elenbaas 34
16130 Jordan Lovato 33
22522 Casey Frank 29

Wed Apr 25, 11:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

I saw that. Seatown you should thank the lodge for getting you into this. (AKA Share your prize)

Thu Apr 26, 09:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Ummmm....after 3 matches this morning....I am currently in 7TH PLACE!

The Black Lodge

Standing Player Points
7 Shawn Scott 52
4632 Jeff Serling 43
7958 Jim Edwards 41
13467 Joe Elenbaas 38
15154 Jordan Lovato 37
21098 Casey Frank 33

Thu Apr 26, 09:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

Should I be happy to be so out of touch with who Seattle thinks is hot?

Thu Apr 26, 10:16:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that Casey is proving he's gay.

Thu Apr 26, 11:04:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

What do yo expect when he's got Helen Mirren winning it all?

Thu Apr 26, 11:16:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

give it up for CTown...the Cinderella story from Sand Point...who said reading US magazine would pay off some day?

and I'm disturbed by the Pic O' Day...

Thu Apr 26, 01:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger The Dude said...

Go get them C-town...I heard one game went to overtime this morning...

Goose great breakdown, I think a lot can happen before a Hawks pick. I think if they get someone on their board, I think they will be okay.

Thu Apr 26, 04:09:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home