Sunday, June 24, 2007

Goose in the 619 (Pt 2 and conclusion)

New Day, New San Diego based movie
On March 3, 1969 the United States Navy established an elite school for the top one percent of its pilots. Its purpose was to teach the lost art of aerial combat and to insure that the handful of men who graduated were the best fighter pilots in the world. They succeeded. Today, the Navy calls it Fighter Weapons School. The flyers call it: TOP GUN.

Days 2 and 3 fell into a blur as I actually did a couple of days of work.

I did get a chance to tour the USS Midway. (Actual Goose pic). What a Monstrous Ship. I almost felt like standing on the side of the ship, staring out into the water, and throwing 2.0's dog tags out into the sea, accepting the fact that his being in California will mean that he is dead to me. A couple of Sprint folks were with me and didnt even chuckle when I sat in the Admirals office and said, What you should have done was land your plane! you don't own that plane, the tax payers do! Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. You've been busted, you lost your qualifications as section leader three times, put in hack twice by me, with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers, and one admiral's daughter!

Travelling sans the Lodge is sometimes a barrage of quotes that go nowhere.
I did get a great pic of a plaque on the Chief Petty officers wall. Check it out
I did have a mishap on day #2, Stepping off of a curb into a pothole, I twisted my ankle. Massive swelling but I pressed on. My sock did not bleed ala Curt Schilling but I am a gamer. That didnt stop me from touring San Diego's Gaslamp district. Its like a mini Bourbon Street.

Gooses Final Observations of his latest trip to California

  • The Sundress is a like the Holy Grail of Seattle, Seeing a woman in one is about as rare as a Bigfoot sighting

  • The House of Blues in 3 Years will have gone the path of Planet Hollywood, and be extinct (Yet they make an excellent Jambalaya).

  • Goose will make at least 1 pilgrimage to Cali to visit 2.0, and will try to bring the Lodge with him. Even through the Day 2.0 leaves, he will be dead to me

  • Room Service rocks

  • Non State Run Liquor Stores Rock as well. Picking up Rum in a Rite Aid is frickin awesome

  • The Hooters in San Diego should be like the Top Echelon of all Hooters Girls (Matching the Hooters in Vegas). It should be like visiting a Hooters Hall of Fame. However I fount it to be simply average. This makes my Hooters City Tour 8 and counting. I did not pay for tit however I did get free tit with my purchase of Chicken Wings.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Did you even get a smirk from the Top Gun quote? Did the Sprintees even know the movie title? That's disappointing. You were flying solo. I think you are correct, you always need a Lodge wingman.

Dead to you, eh? That's a heavy threat.

Ending your post with boobies... perfect.

Mon Jun 25, 09:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

did you ask any of the Hooter girls if they went to school with Train? or if he ever tried the ESB pickup line?

Mon Jun 25, 10:15:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask the Hooters Girls about Train. Odds are they did go to school and watch ESB with him.

Don't take it to personally Joe. Most people who live in Cali are dead to me. Barry Bonds, TomKat and Kobe Bryant are all dead to me as well.

Mon Jun 25, 01:00:00 PM PDT  
Blogger seatownshawn said...

Isn't there a Lodge rule about using celebrity couples' nicknames?

Mon Jun 25, 01:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

there is a rule...we don't do it...unless said couple has the nickname: "BJ and the Bear"...

Mon Jun 25, 03:16:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More like BJ and the Battle of Hoth.

Man 2 San Diego posts and nothing. Is the Lodge really Dying?
Or has life just become too busy.

Tue Jun 26, 02:10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home