Monday, June 25, 2007

Sha la la la

It dawned on me that this blog needs an injection. Of what you ask? Well I don't have all the answers and don't even have an answer to my own question.

I did find a little inspiration last night. Enter the Andy effect. Can you think of a better way to shoot this blog full of new energy? Anytime you feel like you just can't come up with something. Go to the well. just like most TV sictoms. Writers get bored. If it worked for Family ties it can work for me. This is what I know...


Anyone catch the Copa Ora (Gold Cup) final on FSN or UNIVISION? I'm sure most missed the game. Honestly, CONCACAF isn't mutch better than MLS on ESPN2. Even Goose could guess who was in the final. Any guess? Mexico played awesome against the US. El Tri just ran out of gas. A 2-1 final and one broken hearted half mexi-CAN on the west side. Mexico mystifies me. They obviously have major talent (see picture to the right and new train man crush) in the form of Rafael Marquez. They're quick and have great ball skills. Marquez is a great leader and keeps his back line in order. Their keeper is capable of some magical saves. He performed a few miracles this past Sunday. Mexico needs to make that jump the a top 10 FIFA team. They gave all the ingredients. I hope for a strong COPA AMERICA showing.

"Thierry, did we mention that you get more than a paycheck in Barcelona?"

32$ million is alot for anyone but Henry is still in his prime and really goes from Arsenal North to Arsenal South. Arsene Wagner is no doubt crying as he looks over his roster. Cause he knows the Dutch ain't much.




I have to give a big thank you to the government of Germany. They seem to be the only nation who understands the threat that is TOMKAT. The reason? Because Cruise, as the Defense Ministry puts it, "has publicly professed to being a member of the Scientology cult." Apparently Germany just got South Park.

That's all I got. Not much here but it's what I know...

SHA LA LA LA

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger theDUKE said...

Scientologists are this era's Jews. Tom is their MLK Jr.

Wed Jun 27, 09:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Train, van Persie is a stud. I'm not sure that was warranted.

I for one didn't miss the Gold Cup Final. Saw every US match through the tourney. They represented and sent Mexico back over the border with their tails between their legs... again.

The Copa America I'm a little worried about. First, I read that Bradley wasn't going to send a full-strength squad down their for it. I think that's ridiculous since the competition in the Copa America is bars and bars above the Gold Cup opponents. Second, the US have to basically win all of their first bracket games except Argentina since they are in the same group as the tournament favorites.

Love the hot chick pic of Thierry looking on. That was money, Train.

Wed Jun 27, 10:56:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Train said...

The Dutch name calling was thrown in to insure this wouldn’t be a no hitter. I knew you’d fall into my little trap.

Glad to hear that you watched the GOLD CUP, Joe. I watched the majority of the Mexico games in Univision (Comcast channel 29). Bradley’s decision seems typical US thinking. I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t want to test your young team against the best teams in our side of the world. I don’t even think they will make it out of the group stage.


If you want to watch some COPA AMERICAN games you can watch channel 29 to get the Mexico games. Or I’ve found a link to GOL TV via the internets (it should still work). This has all the COPA GAMES.

http://www.myp2p.eu/Programs/TVU.htm

Wed Jun 27, 11:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

thanks for the link Train...I tried to find out what channel they were on...

and Mexico suffers from peer anxiety...they hold themselves to South American standards, when they should target being the Alpha Dog for North America...well...I mean...besides Guadaluape...

I second the Marquez crush...the man does know how to hold the back line...and does it all the meanwhile with the best greasy ponytail since Andy Garcia in "8 Million Ways to Die"...

Wed Jun 27, 03:20:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home