Thursday, May 07, 2009

Star Trek: Review


Don't worry, I'm not going to say any spoilers. Last week Thursday, I was blessed to see a sneak preview of the new Star Trek movie being released at midnight tonight. I took Train, because he answered his phone. Sorry, Jimbo... but the Mexican lucked out.

Train was holding the fifth spot in line, dutifully getting there right after work and waiting for me to bring him a burger to feed the beast. I parked outside a gentlemen's establishment on 7th Avenue named "Lil' Darlings". Paying for parking, I asked an attractive young lady in sweats, who was talking on and off her cell phone, a question about the parking meter, and bought my parking ticket. I asked why she was waiting, she explained that she was waiting because she was short the amount needed. I promptly gave her my remaining change to cover her fee and proceeded back to my vehicle.


While placing my pain-in-the-ass Seattle parking ticket/sticker on my inside car window, I overheard the young woman now speaking to another woman, a noticeably older "veteran" of the club, and asking if she had heard about her needing to change her schedule to adjust for her classes. So it's true. In this case, this stripper was indeed "paying her way through school."

Oh, and Star Trek was amazing. One work sums it up... "chills." I'm not giving anything away, but you will get chills during the last shot of the film. I didn't see it coming, am not a Trekkie by any means, but it got me. Well done, Abrams.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Star Trek was everything I wanted Episode 1 to be...awesome flick! Can't wait to see it again!

Fri May 08, 11:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you get chills, Casey?

Fri May 08, 01:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

while I can't say the final scene gave me chills, I was impressed by JJ & Team's work...you're right MCP, this is what happens when you listen to the fans of a franchise and incorporate that into your vision not exclude from, great work 'resetting' things...loved the casting (sans Winnona)...but more than made up for The Shaun of Simon Pegg...sound mixing (I know, but it needs to be called out) was outstanding and this might be the film that pushes me into the Blu-Ray, we'll see...

Nice work by the Bad Robot crew, looking forward to where they're going to take the franchise now...

but the question looms...will we once again here the immortal line...Forget the Enterprise...WE HAVE GENESIS!!!!

Mon May 11, 02:06:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home