Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Enjoy Yourself

Hello, hi I’m Terry I’m going to enjoy myself first...

From one of the best Specials songs and Reno 911 characters comes the antagonist to the only activity on this section of the internets in a while. I admit, my venom was thick and transcribed by one of Dude’s students and the point was sometimes lost…but, I’m committed to Enjoy Myself this go around. Hopefully I can keep up with the record, so here goes. (put the record on 2 minutes ago)

Rat Race

Because we can’t leave well enough alone...I confess that tomorrow represents the age-old half day in the corporate world to spend drinking socially with the same people that made you work to get that Paula Abdul prescription. But, your author can’t lie…the free combo provided by the company in awkward an awkardd company situation does wonders for the inspiration and bowling game.

Man at C&A

Since this is a nice little two-tone dub without a lot of overt symbolism usally given with light-hearted drinking songs, I’ll use this to talk about my new found love for the game of Baseball. No, not them…I’m talking about baseball…the game that involves pinch hitters being moved in the nine spot, tons of starch and the Pirates. I found my nationalism somewhere between Montgomery Street and McCovey cove, by understanding that the same nine play both sides of the inning, unless you have Lenny Harris or Dave Hansen ready for the seventh. It’s not too late for the Hometown Nine, we made the mistake before by giving the 'Crew' to the Real League (eventually), let’s make a deal with the Fathers from Whale’s Vagina, or the Colorado Zephyrs (how’s that for a lack of a real vowel.)

Hey, Little Rich Girl

To the state of Washington , I’d just like to say thanks for making me realize I pay an extra 20% for a 1/5 of anything to only be able to buy during my lunch break and sold by men wearing vests. I’d like to thank the governor of the fine state of California for giving me my visual from Total Recall, so I had somethin in Safeway when I realized Makers Mark was only $19.99 in certain parts of the world. State of Washington, I'm not singing you the Hall and Oates song.

I Do Nothing

To the Ska-Seinfeld song of the album. Here’s to my fashion sense, and my love of the DMC that will never stop the power of German engineering, in rubber souls.

Pearl’s Café

Not sure where to go with a chorus that is: It’s all a load of bullocks… but here goes. Nothing beats waiting 45 minutes for food….anywhere. Seriously, well….as long as you have the necessary booze or coffee within arm lengths. This explains the phenomenon of the suburbs and George Romero.

Sock it to ‘em J.B.

Nope…not that onenot that one either…but this one…To my second favorite song on the record. I mean, come on, who else can name all the J.B. films auto-biographically to 1981. Let's get to the point though - who else can name all the Red Wing Championships? That’s right…just dropped the puck. Best Dynasty since the drama, but since they dress themselves in proper CSSR attire, no one seems to be a fan. If history does indeed repeat itself, then only your New York Rangers (colours only) can tackle the beast from the ….sorry…West? Dude, this is your time to make a comment. Please bless this Lodge Saint Mario

Stereotypes

Yes, drum along with a computer beat from the early 80’s. To other things from the 80’s that have no business having grown men earn union dues in 2009: GI Joe, Transformers, Ghostbusters, Footloose, Tron. I’m sure I’m missing Designing Women, but I’ll let the audience let me know.

Holiday Fortnight

Fortnight=14 days. Holiday Fortnight=Placement in a Corona Advert/Swine Cold

I Can’t Stand It

To the worst song on the record…comes…every airline I’ve ever flew besides Virgin America. Cable television is not requested, but required moving forward. Watching game 6 of the NBA Western Conference or Adult Swim on a flight shouldn't be termed illegal? Illegal if you want a piece of Richard Branson in the larger places of Asia. The world is a cold dark place and Virgin Airlines is the light.

International Jet Set

I wrote the previous statment before I realized this was the worst song on the album and actually dealt with flying. I suppose this is why there’s been one comment on a post 13 days ago.

Enjoy Yourself (reprise)

CONGRATS TO MY LADY DAWGS!!!!! THANKS FOR BRINGING PRIDE BACK TO THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT. UW – ‘Where Title VIX Worked!!!”

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The liquor prices in Cali continue to amaze me... California is the place to be for a closet alcoholic. You know, if you knew any of those.

I'm flying Virgin to go down to move our stuff up in two weeks. Jenny found a job. Cue music: Reunited, and it feels so good!

Said hello yesterday to Coach Sark at the U-District Kid Valley. It comepletes the circle after my brother Mike met Coach Romar in the Chicago airport two weeks ago.

What do you guys think about signing Kid Montana? It sure takes the sting out of missing out on Heaps. Who knew that Heaps kid was a Mormon. Is Coach Sark a Mormon since he is a BYU grad? Anyone know this?

Fri Jun 12, 05:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

I believe Coach might raise the LDS banner himself...but the early word is that Heaps didn't have the skill set for the Sark system...not to say that he couldn't develop, but there's a little more appeal to having Montana on the the back of the mightiest of men to wear the purple and gold...

This definitely raises the ticket prices for Oaks v. Skyline at Quest in Sept...I for one...will be in attendence...

Congrats to Jenny...although I will miss the vintage Joe 1.5 that we've had for the past several months...it'll be good to have the balance back and move on to 4.0...

The bigger question on everyone's mind 3.0 is...what was coach ordering? Did he do the fried mushrooms (personal fav)

Sat Jun 13, 10:15:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home