Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Elevators

I work in this office building you're either you're either a radio station person, or a medical corporate person. Coming up from my afternoon cigarette this tall guy goes to the top floor with me. He has a brown leatherbound portfolio with the Sonics logo on it and a little box with their season schedule. Its their marketing manager, i'm guessing to get onto some sports show. I ask him, "So are you guys leaving?" I just get this blank glance. Then the elevator is filled with this barren coldness that only a Kansas winter can leave you in.

9 Comments:

Blogger seatownshawn said...

Nice....it takes some cahones to drop a question like that in an elevator....well done. Really no comment from the guy? ....not even a sigh or an obligatory blowoff chuckle?

Tue Apr 25, 02:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet. Nice work, Devo.

Tue Apr 25, 02:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goose said...

"Devo" is creepy. I keep picturing the Duke in one of those stupid red hats

Tue Apr 25, 02:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

f'n man on the street/elevator...

Tue Apr 25, 03:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

it was unsettling. i'm assuming he had put up enough with either getting questioned or receiving mean glares from more formidable sports aficionados unlike myself.

Tue Apr 25, 03:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

it was probably the guy who took the job 2.0 wanted with the sonics. PR guy. good thing you didn't get it joe. he's hating it!

Tue Apr 25, 03:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimbo said...

and he's having to move on top of that...

Tue Apr 25, 03:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

True, I can take solace in that fact. Of course, planning basketball related events would be a sweet gig for a hoops junky like myself.

Tue Apr 25, 04:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger theDUKE said...

You almost Dutched it with that sonics job. God smiles upon you my friend.

Tue Apr 25, 04:19:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home